Digital Brew is looking for a remote or in-house Full-time Vector Illustrator for Motion Graphics to join our team located in Orlando, FL. Digital Brew creates sweet animated videos for clients all over the world. Some of the brands Digital Brew works with include Amazon, Volvo, Cisco, 3M, AdventHealth, Associated Press, and Verizon. This role requires someone who has a strong eye for design, layout, typography and 2D character design is a plus. They must be able to jump into any project, at any phase of production, and be able to conceptualize a new design from scratch, see it through to completion or take an existing project and complete it. We are designing graphics for motion so an understanding of basic filmmaking principals is important and experience designing for motion graphics is preferred, but not required. The ideal candidate must be detail-oriented, a team player, and has the ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment. Our culture is about making cool stuff that we feel proud of and creating a place where we all enjoy coming to work.
- Vector illustrations and designs using Adobe Illustrator with a with strong ability to convey a story/message visually through illustrations and design
- Must be highly skilled with composition, typography, and layout
- Character design and creation is a plus but not required
- A strong portfolio with preferably a minimum of 3 yrs. professional experience in graphic design and vector illustration. Will consider less experience if your portfolio is great.
- We are a digital animation studio. We are strictly looking for digital graphic designers. You do NOT need to know how to animate to do this job, although it is helpful. To see if you can produce work similar to ours, please see our Work page on our website: www.digitalbrew.com/our-work/
- A thorough understanding of typography, composition, design, and a basic understanding of motion graphics
- Understanding of basic filmmaking principles such as the rule of thirds, the 180 degree rule or what a jump cut is, are also important to understand.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator. Understanding of Photoshop or After Effects is a plus.
- Motivated, collaborative, exceptionally creative, organized and has a desire to make every work your best!
We’re looking for someone who can tell a story through their vector artwork, so if you only have logo and brochure and menu design experience, this position is not for you.
What To Expect
In house staff position includes:
Candidates must submit portfolios to be considered.
Salary will depend on experience.
- Competitive Health Benefits (Company pays 99% of employee premium for health, dental, and vision)
- 401K with generous company contributions (no match required)
- Self-managed PTO (Take off the time you need)
- Supportive, upbeat, small team environment
- Family-vibe and fun place to work
- Monthly design competitions with prizes
- Company paid lunch twice a month (In-house)
- All the free coffee and snacks you can handle (In-house)
- Dungeons and Dragons Team
- Paid company outings a few times a year